BY STEVE BORN
HEED's new Cherry Bomb flavour is here and we think you’ll agree that it was worth the wait! It has all the features you’ve come to expect in HEED…
- Complex carbs only. No simple sugars, for fast-acting, long-lasting energy
- A deliciously subtle, not-syrupy sweet taste
- A full-spectrum electrolyte profile (1 scoop = 1 capsule of Endurolytes)
- Chromium to promote efficient carbohydrate metabolism and support stable blood sugar levels
- Carnosine - a tremendously beneficial nutrient that helps buffer excess acidity, while also supplying antioxidant support
- The tooth-friendly natural sweeteners xylitol and stevia
- Nothing artificial (no artificial sweeteners, colours, flavours, or preservatives)
- No tooth enamel-destroying citric acid…
PLUS two ingredients not found in HEED’s other flavours:
1) 25 mg of caffeine per serving. We opted to use green tea extract to supply this component naturally. And there’s much more to green tea than its naturally occurring caffeine content. Quite simply, green tea is one of nature's superfoods. It contains polyphenols such as catechins—including an especially important one known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)—which provide antioxidant and cardiovascular health support.
2) 500 mg of taurine per serving. This amino acid has gotten a bad rap because it’s commonly found in many of the stimulant-loaded energy drinks you can find just about anywhere. The truth, however, is that taurine is about the ONLY good thing in those drinks; it is a truly remarkable nutrient.
Taurine is found throughout the body, especially in muscle and nerve tissue, and it assists in regulating heartbeats and muscle contractions, as well as neurotransmitter levels in the brain. Taurine is essential for your body’s proper use of electrolytic minerals—calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium—and ensures proper muscle function. It also increases alertness, concentration, and focus without stimulating the nervous system.
Perhaps most important to athletes, taurine is correlated with increases in maximal oxygen uptake and time to exhaustion due to its ability to buffer lactic acid and promote healthy pH levels. Impressive nutrient? You bet!
We think you will love how this new flavour of HEED tastes and works! HEED is already head and shoulders above all the sugar-laden drink mixes masquerading as healthy and effective sports drinks. The new Cherry Bomb just takes it up a couple of notches!